Data Nuggets are free classroom activities, co-designed by scientists and teachers. When using Data Nuggets students are provided with the details of authentic science research projects, and then get to work through an activity that gives them practice looking for patterns and developing explanations about natural phenomena using the scientific data from the study. The goal of the Data Nuggets project is to engage students in the practices of science through an innovative approach that combines scientific content from authentic research with key concepts in quantitative reasoning.
Materials from webinars:
- Slides from October 2021 Elementary Webinar with Dr. Liz Schultheis
- Slides from October 2021 Middle and High School Webinar with Dr. Melissa Kjelvik
- Slides from July 2022 Elementary Webinar with Dr. Liz Schultheis
- Slides from July 2022 Middle and High School Webinar with Dr. Melissa Kjelvik
- Springing Forward Data Nugget
- Won’t You Be My Urchin? Data Nugget
- Mowing for Monarchs Data Nugget
- Request access to teacher guides
- C-E-R Scaffolding Tool
- C-E-R Example Student Responses
- Data Nuggets Guide to Graphing
- Data Nuggets Grading Rubric
If you have any questions, please reach out to Liz (email@example.com) or Melissa (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’d be happy to help! Follow Data Nuggets on social media for updates (Twitter @Data_Nuggets, Instagram @Data_Nuggets).