Other great data and education websites
Repositories for Teaching Resources
- National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science (NCCSTS) – collection of peer-reviewed case studies for teaching science
- List of data activities, lessons, and resources for the classroom, sorted by grade level – compiled by Oceans of Data
- QUBES Consortium (Quantitative Undergraduate Biology Education and Synthesis)
- Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE)
- Course Source – peer-reviewed teaching resources for undergraduate biological sciences
- EcoEdDL – Ecological Society of America’s online education resource portal
- Understanding Science
- Understanding Evolution
- Michigan State University GK-12 Project
- Biological Sciences Curriculum Study (BSCS)
- Oceans of Data Institute (ODI) – Dedicated to transforming education to help people succeed in school, work, and life in a data-intensive world.
- Concord Consortium – Digital learning for science, math, and engineering
- Science in the Classroom – annotated research papers and accompanying teaching materials
- Earth Science Journal for Kids – Cutting edge peer-reviewed environmental science research adapted for students (and their teachers)
- Newsela – Articles on recent news and events, translated into different reading levels for use by students.
- Science News for Students – Freely accessible online publication providing interactive interfaces and science news to students
- BirdSleuth K-12 – Educational resources based on the research of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- NEON Learn & Experience Programs
- GLBRC – Great Lakes Bioenergy Research – Classroom Materials
- PhET – interactive simulations for science and math
- NetLogo – multi-agent programmable modeling environment for students, teachers, and researchers
- Tools for Ambitious Science Teaching
- Help Teaching – The Ultimate Guide to Teaching Science
- MathBench – University of Maryland
- Van Andel Education Institute
- NexGen Inquiry – A web-based resource for inquiry-based science instruction
- HHMI Educational Materials
- PlantingScience – Student teams doing real science collaborating online with scientist mentors from around the world
- SnowSchool – Winter Wildlands Alliance – introduces kids to the joy of exploring our nation’s winter wildlands
- Project Biodiversify – repository of teaching material designed to add human diversity to introductory biology classes
- Skype A Scientist – matches scientists with classrooms around the world! Scientists will skype into the classroom for 30-60 minute Q and A sessions that can cover the scientist’s expertise or what it’s like to be a scientist.
Video Series & Podcasts
- HHMI Video Series – Scientists at Work – Less than 10 minutes in length, each video dives into a scientific problem and how it is being studied.
- Science Forward Video Series – made to support inquiry-based basic science classes
- Lab Out Loud – Podcast for the science classroom and beyond. Discusses science news and education with leading scientists, researchers, science writers and other important figures in the field.
- Stated Clearly Animated Video Series – clear and accurate explanations of genetics and evolution
- Ecomotion Studios – Animated Foundations in Ecology Video Series
- Lab Coats Optional – Video Series