Not sure which Data Nugget to use next? With over 60 activities to choose from, sometimes it’s difficult to find time to read though all the descriptions and pick one that will fit your needs. From your feedback we’ve learned that you’d like to search by key science and math content within each activity. In response we created a searchable table on our website (under the “Current Data Nuggets” tab on our homepage) that will hopefully help you find the Data Nuggets that best suit your needs!
This table allows you to pick from the 60+ activities we’ve co-developed with scientists and search by the following criteria:
- Content readability level (Flesch-Kincaid reading grade)
- Science concepts / keywords
- Quantitative concepts / statistics
- Type of graph used in the activity
- Type of variable (categorical, continuous)
- Type of data source (raw, summarized), including a note when the full large data set is available when requested
In addition to this table, we have a few other ways you can search for Data Nuggets on our website. Other criteria you can search for include: activity summary and study location (“View in searchable table”), study area (“View on map”), and by scientist (“Meet the scientists!”). Our next step will be to include links to the key NGSS core ideas and scientific and engineering practices, so be on the lookout for that in the near future!
Written by May Lee, Data Nugget Researcher
Speak Your Mind